The aim of CCTV is to act as an extra deterrent (Burglary tends to be an opportunistic crime), to identify and deter offenders who are targeting specific property and, in the case of external remotely monitored CCTV, to stop potential intruders by issuing an audio warning before they attempt to break into the building.There are some situations where an alarm isn’t suitable. We have clients who use CCTV to protect sites where valuable equipment is kept outside (e.g. building sites, garden centers), sites with extensive grounds such as golf course etc.
It`s often the case that when someone knows that there is no CCTV at a premises they can get mischievous thoughts in their head creating a situation which may arise that can give them the opportunity to take whatever they feel should be rightfully theirs. Lets face it we live in a ever changing world where people have habits such as Poker machines or they simply have no control about their income and waste it as fast as they get it. This can create a Mentality where society owes me a living and I should have what I want attitude. There is a Myriad of reasons why people think they can get away with theft but as history shows us this has been happening ever since mankind has existed so lets get serious and stop the I trust everybody attitude.
Here are some reasons CCTV is used
• To improve community safety
• To help protect shrinkage in your business
• To help protect against false insurance claims
• To help deter crime and detect crime
• To help reduce the fear of crime
• To reduce the threat of criminal activities
• To help protect your belongings & possessions
• To assist the Local Authorities in their enforcement and regulatory functions
• To assist in supporting civil proceedings
• To assist with any injury claims
• To watch all transactions of your Money
• To stop ex relationships from harassing you
• To stop opportunistic people with theft
Video Surveillance Provides Evidence – Budget cutbacks to police departments everywhere, mean reduced resources to respond to and investigate crimes. What this means for the homeowner or business owner is greater emphasis on the use of security cameras to assist police. For example, if you report a break-in at your store but you don’t have any video surveillance to show to the police, they may be less likely to follow up with an investigation because of cuts to the budget. This is becoming the case more and more! Security camera footage can provide that critical piece of evidence that will encourage the police to put resources into an investigation. Most police departments will be appreciative of the fact that you took the time and money to install a security camera system, and they’ll be more likely to investigate if there is good video surveillance footage to help them solve the crime.