Today I would like to discuss our companies philosophy in regards to how important cabling is to CCTV Installation. In recent times I have noticed poor cabling standards which can cause numerous problems with camera Transmission. Installation of cabling should be done professionally but more often than not when on a new site the previous cabling methods are not up to standard.
Problems that can arise are
1. Ghosting of images this is a hallow effect that double the image in the background
2. Rolling bars across the screen caused by not segregating your cable from electrical cabling.
3. Flickering on the screen is caused from poor termination connections
4. Cut and shut cables from camera to power supply causes a degradation of signal e.g lack of colour
5. Wrong cable being used can also reduce picture quality
6. Star wiring of power to CCTV cameras will cause many problems such as above
7. Cheap unregulated Power Supplies can cause interference and a rolling effect.
8. Inexperienced cablers well they are not up to standard so that explains it all.
Every now and then we are contacted to help a customer fix up there cabling woes and it is not always their fault. The reason I am writing this is to make the customer more aware that to take short cuts with unprofessional cabling methods will bite you in the end so you really should invest wisely with a experienced cabler. I want customers to be aware that I have come across many accounts of customers using inexperienced cablers making all the promises in the world but when nothing works they disappear. In Australia a Security cabler has to have a security cable experience as your local electrician is usually not an experienced Security Cabler even though there are some electricians that can do a good job. Security Cabling and electrical cabling are completely two different systems of cabling and need different methods to ensure proper picture quality of CCTV. Well i hope this advice will help future clientele make the appropriate decisions when considering a professional CCTV system I think this knowledge will help you understand the importance of proper cabling standards.